Why I can see stitches under pleats are they quality problem?
Table of Contents
Recently, we got feedback from some customers, they brought up the pleats, then the stitches were shown up, so some of them thought the pleats of dresses not stitched, dresses unfinished, someone even thought dresses were bad quality and even left bad reviews, that's total misunderstanding, so today, I will show you the whole process to make the pleats, then you will know why there are many stitches under the pleats.
General speaking, the pleats were dropped when you wear the dress, all stitches were covered under pleats, please check pleated dresses in your local bridal shops, then you will find they are the same way as mine, these stitches are used for fixing pleats in the good position and not scattered. For quality bands, they usually do pleats hand by hand totally, by this way, it will keep pleats look more natural The stitch is around 1.5cm-2cm every one, it's a time-consuming and very technical job, the stitches should be neither too tight nor too loose, if stitches were fixed too tight, they will cause all pleats not even, if stitches were fixed too loose, then some pleats will be scattered. We know there are some factories, they do pleats by sewing machine, so there are very dense stitches under pleats, this way is time-saving and efficient, but the result is that all peats are rigid, yes, they look good in stationary state, but if girls move and walk, then you will find pleats will still in original position and can't flow according to your body, it's just like pleats firmly fixed to dress and can't do any changes, that's very ugly.
So today, I will show you the whole process to make the pleats, then you will know our dresses are not unstitched, not bad quality.
1. We need to put main dress on the mannequin firstly, then cut a piece of fabric
2. The both sides of top end of fabric will be fixed on the dress by pins, then seamstress will creat the first pleat, we need to use pin to fix both sides when one pleat was formed, so by this way, the pleats were created one by one.
3. Our seamstress will form the last pleats, she will cut off extra fabric.
4. Our seamstress will sort out the whole pleats again, during this process, we need to make sure all pleats are in right length and width, so all peats will be look neatly.
5. When all pleats were sort out in good condition, then we will take dress off the mannequin, this step is to fix the pleats in the dress, our steamstress will fix the pleats by stitches hand by hand, it's 1.5-2cm every stitch, the stitch neight too loose nor too tight, that's the whole process of making pleats, the next step is that the seamstress will piece different pieces of pattern into one entire dress.
Warn: since the material is soft satin, it's stretchy, if your real measurements are bigger than dress, then dress will be tight for you, the pleats will be stretched to plain, the pleats will not be obviously, further more, if you take dress off, then stitches will be stretched out, they become obviously if you bring up the pleats, in this condition, you can sort out the pleats by stretching them into both side, then stitches will indent into pleats
If your real measurements are smaller than dress, then pleats will out of shape, they will become loose, so please find a seamstress in your local shop to take dress in.
According to our photo, you can see all pleats were made according to measurements, if error between your real measurements and measurements you gave us less than 1'', then dress will fit you well and pleats will be in right position, but if error is bigger than 1'', then pleats will out of shape or stretch to plain, that's the problem about measurements not the quality problems.